LONG-term disability (LTD)
Unum: unum.com, or call 1-866-779-1054
LTD coverage starts after your short-term disability benefits end. LTD ensures you have some income replacement if you can’t work for an extended period of time.
- LTD is administered by Unum.
- LTD replaces a portion of your pay.
- Once approved by Unum, LTD coverage begins after your 26th week of disability.
- This coverage is coordinated with other benefits you may receive while disabled, such as Social Security and Worker’s Compensation.
- Coverage may continue until you reach your normal Social Security retirement age.
- Benefits are paid monthly.